Shop for Eggs Safely
- Only buy eggs sold from a refrigerator.
- Check that eggs are clean and shells are not cracked
- Check the sell-by or expiration date and don’t buy out-of-date eggs
Store Eggs Correctly
- Refrigerate within two hours.
- Store on refrigerator shelf, not in the door.
- Use eggs in shells within three weeks.
- Discard hard-boiled eggs within one week.
- Eat leftover cooked egg dishes within three to four days.
Prepare Eggs Properly
- Wash hands and surfaces with hot, soapy water before and after they come in contact with eggs.
- Cook eggs until both the yolk and white are firm.
- Egg dishes should be cooked to 160°F.
- Never eat raw eggs (or products that contain them).